After we updated to Current Branch 1706 we noticed some of the built-in reports were missing. Either from the SSRS site or in the console (\Monitoring\Overview\Reporting\Reports). Dont know if it was from the 1706 update itself or on of my techs accidently wacking them.
There is a really simple method to cause it to recreate them all as well as the bonus of correcting the security settings on them. Open the registry on the server with the Reporting Services Role installed and navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\SMS\SRSRP and change the SRSInitializeState REG_DWORD from 1 to 0. This will cause ConfigMgr to create all the default reports and permissions. This only touches the CONFIGMGR_SITECODE folder and does not touch any custom reports you made with report builder etc.
After a couple minutes, you can watch this activity in srsrp.log (located in the SCCM install path log folder on the Reporting Services Server) and ReportServerService_DATESTAMP.log (located in the install for SSRS such as <D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS12.SQL2014\Reporting Services\LogFiles>)
Post a Comment